Friday, November 27, 2009





Dear Friends and Family,
I am about to depart on monday and many things are going through my head rightn ow. I am realizing that my mission to Africa is ACTUALLY happening and that my childhood dream of going to Africa is coming true. Instantly a smile comes on my face and I feel so happy that I am able to make this a reality, well that God has allowed this to happen for me. I feel very at peace right now and I am itching to get on the plane. I hopefully will be able to update you all when I arrive safely and give a synopsis of what it really is like there. I know for one thing that it is going to be nice and hot there when I arrive. The community there is waiting anxiously for us to arrive and I can't wait to meet them all. My community here in Rome will be missed and of course all of you at home in Canada.
I also wanted to add a photo from my trip to Pompeii last weekend which was really amazing. If any of you get the chance to go to Pompeii I really advise you to GO. It exceeded my expectations by far by how big and well preserved it was.

It is time for change and adventure. For me everything is an adventure and I want this experience to be one that challenges me to go outside of myself to see how far I can stretch myself. I do not want to be mediocre and be satisfied with staying at the same level when I know that there is more in me to give.
Thank you all for encouraging me to take up this challenge and just go for it! Thanks also for your prayers, they mean a lot to me. I hope to update you all as regularly as I can.
Lots of Love

Lydia

1 comment:

  1. woohoooo! You are in Africa now!!!!
    So stoked for you!
    ~Catherine

    ReplyDelete